Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Katoomba on a whim


So I decided on Sunday that I was going to go to the Blue Mountains in Katoomba the next day. Booked my stay at the YHA there and packed for a short trip. Took the train, which was lovely and got there in about 2 hours.

As I left the station, there was this thick mist/fog everywhere that gave a really cool feel to the town. I wandered around a bit and called it a night. Got a somewhat early start the next morning in the same thick mist. It was really nice, because I think a lot of people avoided going out in it and it ended up being a great hike. I started around the top and headed to this "grand staircase" which is about 900 steps, steeply descending along the cliffs. The mist made it all that much cooler. Once I got down all the way, I walked along and eventually back up on another side right around Katoomba Falls. Spent the evening in Katoomba and had some delicious Indian food... I am hoping to get better at cooking Indian recipes... This means you, Biryani! :P

The next morning I had to be out by 10, but it was a drastic difference from the day before, so I took a quick walk to the 3 Sisters lookout and got some great photos.

Took the train back and that was that... short and sweet :)

Now I am continuing to volunteer and find volunteer work. Next on my plate is the youtube symphony at the Opera House this weekend.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment