Monday, December 6, 2010

POST!

Here is my one and only blog.... I imagine it won't be too boring, but who knows ;)
First few days have been a mixed bag.

-The Good: :)
-Going around the city with Damo and Dan and learning about the different areas.
-MEAT PIES!
-All the cool flora and fauna
-Seeing the final steps on Damo and Dan's house... it's been great to follow the entire process
-Warmth! It's in the high 20's here (Celsius)... to convert to Fahrenheit, double the number and add 30. Still figuring out how the conversion works when it's under freezing.

-The Bad: :(
-Sore throat... found out I have strep or tonsillitis... Either way it sucks... fever, headache, soreness, really sore throat. *Silver lining: On antibiotics and should be getting better within a few days.
-Hives... aka Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria... some of you know I have this... other's don't. I can tell you I have had them since September of last year... fought them and tried to find a source for months to no success. They finally went away in May and were completely gone til I decided to taper off of my daily Zyrtec... within that day they came back... and have gotten worse ever since. Fortunately they are not contagious, a sign of anything serious, and can be somewhat controlled when they calm down. If you're unfamiliar with them, try a google search... not pretty... it feels like your skin touched stinging nettle but it doesn't go away for about 24 hours... and then they appear elsewhere. *Silver lining: They can't kill me, and hopefully they will calm down. OK, enough of the "Pity me boo hoo" rant ;)

I am currently staying in the YHA at the Rocks... It's in a wonderful location, between the Harbor Bridge and the Opera House.

More to come soon... maybe even a photo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment